Today I've been cutting strings in various widths 1 1/2 - 3 inches for my next string project. I've learned that I have mostly medium value fabric and hardly any light value fabric. I haven't gotten to cut much from my darks yet so that bin is looking a little low too.
Its been a lot harder than I thought to sort the strings by value. Some fabrics look light to me but when placed next to another fabric are actually a medium value. I've moved some strings from one box to the next and back again several times now.
I have a lot to learn about color so this project will be a real learning experience!