Translate

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cookie time!

I thought I was going to sew today but that's not what happened. Instead I baked Monster Cookies! I think they're also called Dishpan Cookies. The idea is that the recipe is huge and thus the name.

Half the recipe makes about 9 dozen cookies for me. I've never made a full recipe because 1. My KitchenAid Mixer is not large enough and 2. If I did, how long would it take to bake them, probably all day?!?

So maybe you're wondering what I'm going to do with 9 dozen cookies? I'm freezing 3 dozen for later, giving away 2 dozen, 1 dozen has already been eaten and I think that should leave about 3 dozen for my family to snack on through the weekend. It won't be long and they'll be gone!

Monster Cookies (1/2 of the original recipe)

Cream together:
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 1/2 cups peanut butter
Add:
6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp. baking soda
Mix in:
9 cups oatmeal
1/2 lb. chocolate chips
1/2 lb M&Ms
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
(There isn't any flour in this recipe.)

Tomorrow's plans - sew!

2 comments:

Micaela said...

I totally recommend these cookies, myself as a one of the official taste testers for these...

Marie said...

These sound fantastic - I'll save the recipe and let the Dude make these on his next trip over. Let's see with what he eats of the raw cookie dough - we'll get maybe 4 dozen :)