Translate

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prize and Clue #4

Today I received this e-mail about the hexagon quilt from Ingrid in the Netherlands, "Just a guess, ... its special because the quiltster didn't use normal hexagon papers to make the hexies? Maybe she used political pamflets ... "

Now that's a new use for those political flyers we get in election years! Not the correct answer but don't give up, keep on guessing!

One person today came close but I couldn't tell her that so I'm telling all of you at once. Part of her answer is on the right track but I'm not telling which person it was!

I purchased the Midnight Silhouette pattern by Blackbird Designs several years ago and I just haven't had time to make it. I'm not sure I ever will. Since there's a little gold in it, I've decided to add it to the prize package!

This picture is Clue #4:

#25

This picture was Clue #3:


Clue #2: Women were not allowed to verbally express their political viewpoints.

Clue #1: The hexagon quilt was made at the turn of the century.

3 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Ok. I have googled William McKinley and is the quilt a tribute to Mr McKinley making gold the base of your currency?

This is starting to really do my head in!

Mayleen said...

I received this e-mail from Marie this morning at 9:04.

Mayleen - For some reason, I cannot post to your blog today - so here is my guess for the day.

It's the foundation of our currency base - the price of gold and silver determines the dollar value (this is what I meant yesterday, but it didn't come out right.)

Marie

Arnden said...

She is expressing her viewpoint of being a "goldite" (republican with Mckinley as presidential nominee) among "silverites" (democrat with some other guy as nominee). The base medal for money was the big issue of the time and while women did not vote, they did express their support for candidates and policies.