Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Recently, I've started reading blogs again and realized how much I've missed them. Reading about other quilters' lives and projects has helped me keep a more positive frame of mind during all the Covid-19 and political posts on Facebook. I've decided to occasionally post on my blog just as a record of my quilts, gardening, and life.
 
This was the first peony bloom in my flower garden this past week.
 
Enjoy each day because we aren't guaranteed tomorrow,
Mayleen

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Mayleen! I was actually just thinking about you yesterday, when I happened upon a picture (Pinterest?) it was of you standing beside your Phoebe quilt, and remembered how you posted each step as you carefully built that quilt. I was new to blogging, and elated to find that traditional quilting was not dead, and that quilters such as yourself still take the time and effort to create these magnificent quilts. How many years ago was that?
I'm so happy you decided to blog again, and look forward to seeing what you are doing. I agree these connections we make do help us stay positive during this stressful time.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We are still a couple weeks away from peonies blooming. I have abut 30 plants and am looking so forward to the color in the backyard. Thanks for posting your photo.

QuiltGranma said...

Welcome back, I've missed you! Beautiful flower! It shows such hope.