Translate

Friday, May 15, 2020

When the stay at home order began, I decided I wanted to do two quilt related things: 1. Finish or make progress on a few UFO's and 2. Learn a new technique. The first and only new technique I've managed to work on is an Improv wall hanging. This project challenged me because I have a difficult time using solid fabrics, I wanted to sew straight lines, and I really just wanted to sew with my favorite colors instead of using all the colors.
As you can see, I'm at the binding stage. I should have been able to finish the binding in a day because it is only a large wall hanging size but I've been dawdling and finding more interesting things to do. Maybe I'll have finished by next weekend and maybe there will even be a label and hanging sleeve stitched on! That's a big maybe.
In the back of the photo, are two of my UFO projects. I'm working on the third block of a 4 block Feathered Star wall hanging begun in a workshop taught by Peggy Martin at the quilt guild I attend. The third and really tedious project is ripping out my attempt at free motion quilting on another wall hanging. There have been many times I've been tempted to stuff it in a bag and donate it.

Have a wonderful weekend!
I'll be helping my husband clean out the garage. :)
Mayleen

2 comments:

audrey said...

Welcome back to blogging! I wouldn't dare try to help my husband clean the garage. That would be like him helping me to clean my quilt room! lol Working with strictly solids would be tough for me too, but I see the beauty of how graphic it can look leaving the prints out of the equation. Good plan of attack for the times, working on the older ufo's and also trying to learn something new!

Jan Hutchison said...

It’s good to see you blogging again - maybe you will inspire me to start up again. I like your stripey improv quilt!