Translate

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Quilting Vintage!

 This past Tuesday was guild meeting day for Prairie Quilt Guild in Wichita, KS. We had a great speaker, Kelly Cline from Lawrence, KS, who presented her lecture and trunk show on Quilting Vintage! I'm the Vice President (Program Chair) of the guild so I coordinated Kelly's visit. If your guild is looking for a speaker, I'd recommend Kelly!
Her workshop was about collaging vintage hankies, doilies, embroidered pieces, lace, etc into pillows, bags, wall hangings, or whatever else you could think of. My project idea are these hankies representing fall combined with Kaffe Fassett shot cottons for the borders and accented with some old trims and tatting. I'd like it to be part of a winter/spring/summer/fall wall hanging.

However, I also know the thread painted bear is waiting on me so this project will have to be made another time. It was fun, though, to take a break and think of how to use some of my vintage linens in a quilted project!

Until next time, Mayleen

3 comments:

Jan Hutchison said...

I’m so bummed that I had to miss Kelly’s visit to PQG!

Mayleen said...

I hope your house isn't being affected by the high water! You'd like my yellow fall hankie, the background is polka dots.

Karen said...

I would have to start collecting vintage pieces to be able to do something similar to what this quilter has done. Interesting use of her collecting.