Translate

Friday, May 22, 2020

"Interesting Improv" is finished ... well, except for the label and hanging sleeve. Its not as improv as some quilts can be but it was a struggle for me to get it to look like this. The reason for the name is not that I thought it was that interesting but it came from my husband. While I was piecing it, I asked him what he thought of it and "Interesting" was his response. He probably was thinking why, just why!?! Why? Because I wanted to try it.
I'm currently working on the last Feathered Star block for this wall hanging. It was begun in a workshop with Peggy Martin when she visited Prairie Quilt Guild in Wichita. I thought the back plaid fabric might be the border but I was wrong, way too black. 

I've also been spending time working outside. Sharing some of the flowers in our yard. 
 
Peonies

Spiderwort

Iris

Verbena 

Iris

Guess who found the cat mint and won't share?

Have a wonderful weekend! 
Our garage cleaning project continues because its too muddy to work in the yard. This time I have to clean off the shelves in my corner of the garage, eeek. :)

Mayleen

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think Improv is a little harder for precision piecers. I still like points that match and blocks that are square but continue to do a little improv now and then.

Love that cat photo!

QuiltGranma said...

It is so nice to see that you are blessed with kitties! They sure give life a different perspective on things!

audrey said...

Your improv. quilt turned out wonderfully! I especially like the smaller unit strips as they catch the eye and add lovely energy. 'Interesting' is always such a middle ground sort of comment. Can be good or bad depending on what they think is happening! lol

Sandy said...

That cracked me up about how your "interesting improv" got its name! Oh yes ... "interesting..." lol! Well, I think it's fabulous. I, too, would have struggled because don't do improv. My mind just doesn't work that way. I think the black might so well as a binding for your stars. Your flowers are lovely!