Friday, January 22, 2010

Here it is!

Here's a photo of my string quilt so far. I made 24 blocks for it today but have decided it needs one more row of 6 to make it long enough. I'd like to add borders but don't know what kind of fabric yet. I found 3 yards of bright pink in my "resource center" that I'll probably use as backing.
If you click on the photo, you'll be able to see the colors better. Lots of old fabric in it, some from the 80's. It hard for me to sew with the dusty mauves that were popular back then! For some reason, I've sewn the blocks together in columns (usually sew together by the row) and will sew it all together on Saturday.

1 comment: