Translate

Monday, January 25, 2010

3 1/2 spools

Besides trying to use more of my "Resource Center" fabrics and odd scraps of batting, I'm also trying to use up the spools of thread I've partially used over the years. Lots of pink and blue thread which may be leftover from my crafting days. Last week, I used up 3 large spools and 1 small spool (I'm calling that a half spool.) piecing the Chocolate Box quilt and potholders.

My husband keeps asking me, "Are you actually using anything up?!?" Of course, he's the one who used to laugh about my plans to sew scrap quilts in hopes of using up fabric. In previous years, what that really meant was I'd need to buy more fabric because I didn't have the right colors. I guess I can't blame him for being a little incredulous!

What is kind of surprising to me is that I'm already running out of dark brown fabrics. Today I cut more strips for the "Chocolate Box" quilt and noticed the dark brown fabrics that are left probably equal less than 1/4 yard. Guess I won't be planning anymore projects using dark brown! I have plenty of tan and light brown and almost rust fabrics though. Waiting for inspiration to strike on how to use them!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Guten tag Mayleen.
That's about as far as my German go. LOL.
Anywho, I too feel productive when I use up a spool of thread. Makes me feel as if I am really sewing up a storm.
Jackie