Translate

Friday, July 10, 2020

Wish Upon a Feathered Star, with borders


My Wish Upon a Feathered Star wall hanging top is finally done! Borders were an issue for me and I couldn't find a border design I really liked but I've told myself that finished is better than a top partially done. It measures approximately 43 1/2" square and when its quilted will hang over our fireplace. It was begun in a Prairie Quilt Guild workshop taught by Peggy Martin. Now to figure out if I should quilt it myself or call my machine quilter.
These are a few photos of my flower gardens. The area I live in is officially in a drought but yesterday we got some rain and this morning again. Not enough to end the drought but I'm grateful for every drop of rain. These photos were taken before the rain and I think the flowers look this good due to me watering them every day. Above: Phlox, Sunflowers, and Daylilies. There are a few Zinnia growing in that area too but not many came up this year.
Anise Hyssop which smells wonderful whenever I brush against it.
Russian Sage, find the bee! I'm trying to attract more beneficial insects to my flowers.

Below: My husband and I visited Dyck Arboretum in Hesston, KS last week and I thought I'd share this photo of a sign with you. I doubt that I ever become a Minimalist but we are trying to downsize. One of our spare bedrooms has become a catchall room for everything we are no longer using or don't know where to put. There always seems to be more stuff. Guess where I'll be tomorrow morning getting ready to make donations? That definitely beats digging up Bermuda grass which it will be too muddy to do!

Have a great week! Mayleen

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your border solution.

Glad you got rain. We aren't in a drought in northern IL but it is really dry right now. We got a half inch of rain last night which is better than none.

audrey said...

What a great border solution! Will have to remember that for my own future projects. Really complements your intense looking quilt.:)