Translate

Friday, June 12, 2020

Wish Upon a Feathered Star

Have you noticed there are never instructions for new software, computers, etc? I guess you're supposed to know what to do or figure it out yourself. I'm a Luddite and haven't a clue about this new Blogger format. If anyone reads this, it means I've somehow muddled through writing a blog post!

This week I gave up on the sashing idea and sewed together the four Feathered Star blocks but I'm still stuck on that dark Mad Plaid for the border! I think I'll cut it to finish at 3" wide, sew it on, and call it good. If I absolutely hate it, I can always take it off and try another fabric. One thing the pandemic is teaching me is not to be so hard on myself.

I bought this Hexie Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt top in an antique mall last weekend. I don't have room in my sewing room to get a full photo of it. Its hand pieced and looks to be in good condition except for a lingering smell of what I don't know. It was priced at $20 and even though these are not my colors, I couldn't leave it there.
I doubt I will ever take the time to make one of these for myself so to whoever pieced it, thank you! The problem is now how to quilt it or have it quilted?

Until next time, Mayleen  

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You were successful. I tried the new Blogger format last night and in the end reverted back to the old to finish my post. Then I went back in and started clicking on things and found a lot of the old features are there, we just have to hunt for them.

I think the plaid looks like it will work. You could open it up and lay the top on it to see the plaid on more than one side before you cut. The feathered stars are gorgeous.

Janice said...

OK now. That just isn't fair. You post a gorgeous, gorgeous picture of a feathered stars and don't talk about them? I'm teasin' ya. I am a new follower of your blog and you probably talked about these beauties in another post somewhere else. If so, please point the way! I have had feathered stars on my bucket list for quite a while and seeing yours is making me want to do them.

Jan Hutchison said...

I love your feathered stars! Maybe just enjoy that amazing top as a top. Longarm quilting can be hard on old quilts, especially hand pieced quilts.

Barb said...

Your feathered stars are gorgeous!
I think we will be able to use Blogger "Legacy" going forward. The new format is supposed to be more friendly for mobile.
great find with the grandmothers flower garden quilt.

QuiltGranma said...

What a treasure you found!

audrey said...

I love a good plaid border.:) Perfect choice! Can totally see why you had to bring the Flower Garden quilt home! Wonderful looking quilt and very sweet colors. It really would be hard to work on them, but they look great together!