Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sewing for baby

There's going to be a new grandbaby born in our family this fall!
 I'm doing a little sewing for him! Those are burp cloths on top made using a free pattern download from Shabby Fabrics. Not glamorous or fun but a necessary item. That's a mini burp cloth on the very top for his older sister's doll. 
On the bottom is a minky blanket which I won't reveal until our daughter has seen it. I know minky is soft and cuddly but give me cotton quilting fabric any day!
 Binding issues continue to happen and this one was my fault. I wanted to save enough of the minky to make the baby's sister a doll blanket and didn't calculate enough binding length. Pieced and sewn, baby will not notice and I doubt anyone else will either.
 Looks like I'll have enough minky left for a doll quilt though!
Don't be like me! Part of the minky blanket is sewn with what I call fur which when cut, sheds everywhere! I should have put the fur binding strips in the clothes dryer before I sewed it on. After the doll blanket is finished, the sewing room and my machine are due for a clean.

Until next time, Mayleen

1 comment:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my what a lucky baby and big sister. I have never worked with minky and now I don't think I will. Oh my!