Translate

Thursday, December 21, 2017

I love red and green!

These two quilts are probably my favorite red/green quilts which I've made!
 The "Selvage Star" quilt is my version of a vintage string quilt I saw online. Its made with selvages given to me by friends and from Prairie Quilt Guild members. Machine quilted by Jan Hutchison. It has won several ribbons at quilt shows and was in the 2016 AQS Art Engagement Calendar.
This is my red/green Scrap Vortex quilt made using Amanda Jean Nyberg's technique. My name for it is "Diamond Down the Drain" because of the one diamond block near my spiral quilting. I like all the different fabrics playing well together - cows, holiday, Kaffe, vintage, and the mystery fabrics I don't remember buying! 

Merry Christmas!

Until next time, Mayleen

1 comment:

DreamNT said...

It is very interesting information. Thanks for the knowledge.






ภัยธรรมชาติ