Translate

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Firecracker Baby

Yes, that's me, born on the 4th of July fifty-something years ago! 

Those are my brothers looking so happy to have a sister because, as they told me later, they would no longer have to wash dishes and help in the house once I was old enough to do those things. Somehow I must have sensed what my future held because you can see my reaction. LOL

I was hoping to finish the Jubilee+5 plus a few years quilt before my birthday but now I'm just hoping to finish it this month. Yesterday I did some big stitching on the border and my thumb, wrist and arm now hurt. Not sure how I did it but I've got to take a break.

Wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July wherever you are, whatever you're doing whether it includes fireworks, family reunions, quilting or its just another day!

Stay safe,
Mayleen

4 comments:

Tina said...

How very wonderful being born on the 4th of July!! Happy Birthday!!!

Judy Dietrich said...

What a fun holiday to celebrate your birthday!! Hope it is happy--- everyone parties with you!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Happy Birthday and Happy 4th! I missed it by 4 days, mine is the 8th. Have a great day!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I have the same reaction when it comes to washing dishes--lol. Happy Fourth of July Birthday!!