Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Jubilee + 5 + 3

Jubilee + 5 + 3
UFO finish #7, finally!


Several years ago, some bloggers decided to make Jubilee quilts which commemorated their 50th birthdays. I joined in but my quilt needed to be called a Jubilee + 5 quilt.

Time went on and my quilt became a UFO until this year when it became UFO project #7.

 There were things to fix or not fix - the bird. He stayed.
Then I decided I definitely wanted it to have borders. Too bad I'd already started big stitch quilting it! That didn't stop me. I fused batting together, added more backing and stitched on the borders.

I added some embroidery and I may add more, or not. I do wish I'd made it larger.

My quilt is not as nice as some that were made but the best part? Its finished!
Jubilee + 5 + 3
Hand pieced, machine pieced, hand quilted, machine quilted and hand embroidered.
I'm done and moving on to UFO #8!

Until next time,
Mayleen

10 comments:

LuAnn said...

I don't dare start one more thing, but that is so tempting. How big are your octagons? I have fabric with the white background and black dots. Those dots of yours look so great with the brights; I see why you wish it were bigger.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Congratulations on finishing your Jubilee quilt! I just love this quilt and it was one of the reasons why I started following your blog. I'm so glad you kept that bird.

audrey said...

Beautiful colors! The border is a perfect addition. Congrats on a wonderful finish.:)

Heather said...

I remember seeing similar quilts a few years ago in blogland. Your version is lovely.

Tina said...

Oh wow! I think it is just beautiful! I love your pattern and the fabrics you chose really make this quilt. Great job!

Barb said...

This is a wonderful Jubilee Quilt!! I love your choice of fabrics.
Great shot of it in the garden.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Just beautiful! What a perfect summer quilt!

Karen said...

So glad to see your finished!! Yay. My Jubilee took two years but I finished too. It's a great quilt.

Ruth said...

It's gorgeous! A good way to commemorate your birthday - even though it's a little late.

Roxanne said...

A lovely quilt and another UFO finish. The borders are great. Wow, you are on a roll!