Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2015

This Week & Last Week


 Here's what I've been working on this week - my Jubilee+5 plus a few more years UFO! I've big stitched all the octagon blocks with orange perle cotton and done some embroidery. Now I'm trying to decide what to do for the narrow border. I hope to finish this in time to show at our next guild meeting. Yes, the bird is still there!

While I've been working on this, I've been thinking of the quilts at last weekend's Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival. Previously I showed you photos of my two quilts which won ribbons. Here are photos of other the judged winners. My apologies if I missed anyone.

 Heralds of Spring by Joann Webb

Cats!! Just Garden Variety by Jane Anderson

Civil War Bride by Nancy Swanwick

A Letter Bit of Baltimore by Janet Stone
She also received an NQA Award of Merit!

Baltimore Album by Miriam Reed

Celebration of Love and Life by Kim Cawthon

Radiating Millefiori by Nancy Swanwick

Modern Grandmothers Flower Garden by Norma Bates
Rebirth by Mary Atchinson

 Finding Peace Among the Trees by Mary Strege

Remake by Jane Anderson

 Sixteen Years and Here's What You Get by Susan Gandy

Waterfall by Sandra Morgan Cockrum

 A Little Off Balance by Sandra Morgan Cockrum
 C'mon Get Happy by Jenifer Dick

 Passionate Rhapsody by Cindi Johnson

Affair of the Heart by Kathleen Gregory

No L by Janet Stone

Hexie Love by Kay Lea

Afternoon Delight by Judy R. Williams

Until next time,
Mayleen

3 comments:

Karen said...

Some gorgeous quilts. The one titled Remake is quite an accomplishment with all those points and the detailed quilting.

Karen H said...

What an amazing quilt show - so many amazing quilts. I have to say I really like the quilt you are working on because it looks so bright and happy!

Tina said...

What beautiful quilts! I especially love the Civil War Bride quilt - amazing!!!