Translate

Sunday, February 1, 2015

UFO Busting!

Time for some UFO Busting calculations!

# of projects in process as of January 1 - 34 
# of projects completed - 1
# of new projects started - 0
# of UFO's trashed - 0
(I don't think I've ever actually trashed a project. I pass them on or donate to Goodwill.)
# of projects in process as of January 31 - 33

It doesn't seem like I made much progress but any progress is more than what would have happened if I hadn't joined the UFO challenge. If I can average one finish a month, I'll be very happy!


Finish #1 - My selvage Streak of Lightning quilt, Flash!
It needed binding and I added a sleeve. As soon as I've finished four quilts, I'll print out labels and add one to it.


 I finished piecing Criss Cross Applesauce and its at the machine quilter in line to be quilted. I won't get it back until early March. I learned quite a while ago not to try to machine quilt anything larger than a medium sized wall hanging on my domestic machine.


Instead of trashing my Target UFO blocks, I took them apart and am making this "Trip Around the Prairie" wall hanging. In this photo, I'm trying to figure out the last 5 or 6 rounds of color. I know I need a lighter value color but my stash is limited in choices.

 
This will be the next UFO I work on. Its "Pumpkin Peel" from the book, Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts, by Mary Elizabeth Kinch and Biz Storms. I don't know when it got wet but there's a little bleeding going on so I'm going to try soaking it in hot water and Dawn dishwashing liquid. I hope its not ruined.

Until next time, Mayleen

6 comments:

  1. Yow! Your projects look very intense! Can't wait to see them finished. D.G. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all wonderful, Mayleen - i particularly love the green flash, and the pumpkin peel. I'm curious about your bleed fix, using Dawn. Could you elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tops! I hope the red bleed come out, and stops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all wonderful. Still love that criss cross applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are working on Pumpkin Peel! I hope the dawn and hot water does the trick. Can't wait to see how your version turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the pumpkin peel doesn’t bleed. It’s so cute.

    ReplyDelete