Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pumpkin Applesauce Progress

I've made a little progress since my last post.


Pumpkin Peel wall hanging from the book, "Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts".

I've begun appliqueing the arcs onto the background fabric. In the photo, the lower two arcs are done and I still need to do the upper ones. I see I'll have to redo a flat spot on the left arc! My mistakes are much more apparent on the solid background.

This will be a four block quilt. Each block measures 39 x 39" finished so, to me, its a huge block.

I have a lot of stitching to do on it before it can go to the machine quilter. There will be plenty of opportunity for that this weekend as we're expecting more winter weather - snow, ice, and rain depending on the temperatures.

I've also been binding my Criss Cross Applesauce quilt. Only one more side to go before I can share it as my latest UFO finish at our next guild meeting.

Last but not least, if anyone reading this is near Paducah, Kentucky, my Selvage Star of Bethlehem quilt is hanging in the National Quilt Museum as part of the Heart of America exhibit until mid March. I'm not able to go see it but perhaps you might be able to. Here's the link with a picture of my quilt!

Until next time, 
Mayleen

5 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Way to go! I found it a bit cumbersome trying to applique on those large blocks. Looks good with the red background.

Gayle said...

I'm sure EVERYONE would consider a 39" block LARGE! I didn't realize that's how bit it is! Did you remove the paper before appliqueing?

Karen said...

I like the very scrappy look of the Pumpkin Peel arcs. Must have taken some time to sew all the little pieces together.

Karen H said...

Love this quilt and it has been on my to do list for some time. I love the red background - it really makes the pumpkin peels sing!

Gimmeclems said...

I loved this in the book and REALLY love it with your choice of background. I would like to know if you left the papers in to applique , too.