Translate

Friday, November 7, 2014

Seeing Red

More quilts from the Houston Quilt Festival!

I'm always drawn to red quilts, even if there's only a little red in them. It usually doesn't matter what style of quilt it is either. Red is what attracts me. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

 This is what we saw as we entered the show. The Houston Quilt Festival was celebrating their Ruby anniversary with a special display of red and white quilts!


 G.M.O.'s Gone Wild by Betsy Brandt-Kreutz

 Joyful Heart by Aki Sakai

 Sweet Fifteen by Miyuki Hamaba

 Sarah's Revival by Sue Garman

 My Version of a Persian by Christine Wickert

Reptile Wisdom by Karen Stone
I really liked the mixture of red, hot pink and orange colors.

 A Square Pattern by Tadako Nagasawa

 Magic Carpet by Suet-Fern Lee

 King's Parade by Suet-Fern Lee

 An Autumn Flavor by Kiyoko Matsumoto

Its the Singer Not the Song by Ming Hsu

I'm sure I have pictures of more red quilts but I think this is enough for today. More quilts from the show to come including a popular portrait quilt and some pet quilts too!

Until next time, Mayleen

4 comments:

Barb said...

wow! lovely quilts. I really love Sue Garmans - gorgeous

Dawn said...

Wonderful quilts! Loved seeing the red and whites, two,of those were made from our pattern.

Karen said...

Such incredible beauty.

Glenda said...

On your Sid bar Mayleen you say sit and stay awhile, well it's been 2 hrs now since I opened your FB so I have sat more than a while LOL. What a wonderful time
I'm having reading and reading and Looking at all these wonderful photos. THANK YOU Cheers Glenda