Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pickle fabric and paperwork

Pickle fabric choices.

Actually I have a lot more so this is just a sample. These may or may not make it into the quilt but I'm trying to challenge myself by using combinations I wouldn't normally use. Something I've noticed about my stash - hardly any light value fabrics.
Pickle paperwork
After having some problems with the accuracy of making my own pickle dish templates, I've been trying to draft a pickle dish paper piecing pattern. This is the most accurate I've gotten so far and will finish the pattern tomorrow. Unfortunately, I've strained my right elbow and shoulder so progress is slow.
Next time - my favorite "pickle"!
Mayleen

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

When I teach beginner quiltmaking and talk about choosing fabrics, I always tell students that the value they will purchase the least of is lights... and for that reason, whenever I visit new quilt shops, I always go to the lights (whites, ivories and other very pale colors) to see if there are any different ones to add to my stash. You never go wrong purchasing lights. I'm wondering why you're taking the time to draft your own pattern. Could you not find any free one on the Internet?

Merilyn said...

Good luck with your drafting!!! I know I used to do that before I got EQ, all the very best with your next pickle dish block, I look forward to seeing it, your selection of fabrics is wonderful and lively too!!! Hope your elbow problem resolves soon, take care!!!!