No pictures for posterity. Just believe me, my Y-seams are bad, bad, bad. I read how to do it, watched U-tube videos and even understand how it should work. Still bad, bad, bad. Tonight I ripped out what I sewed in this morning. Just a little frustrated because I've been working on the Rocky Road to Kansas quilt most of the week. Its keeping me from working on Houses from Scraps and from my hexagon quilt too. Time to change the subject before I get even more frustrated!
What else has happened since my last post?
My Pfaff sewing machine got a transplant. I did not burn out the motor as I thought. The electronics in the foot pedal went bad and instead of waiting for a new pedal to be delivered, the shop replaced it with a used one (for now). After a tune up and another minor part replacement, my sewing machine is back to sewing. Meanwhile, I've sewn on a Viking and a new Pfaff and would like to try a Bernina before I make a decision about buying a new machine.
I just finished hand piecing the backing for the clamshell quilt and next up will be layering and basting it. This will be the first time I've ever thread basted a quilt, have always used safety pins. I'm not looking forward to leaning over the quilt to thread baste even though I'll be working on a table. Also, the orange perle cotton to utility stitch the quilt has arrived so it just moved up on my "To Do" list.
Speaking of my "To Do" list, I'm not going to let those Y-seams get the best of me. Maybe tonight I'll dream about how to make them perfect! Probably not. LOL
Ten Years Feels Like a Lifetime
9 minutes ago