Translate

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Clamshell Diamond #11

This past week has been a hard one for me. I came down with a cold and although I'm doing better, its not gone yet. My husband now has it too so it will be quite awhile before life is back to normal around here.

I'd planned to work on the quilt show's fairy tale settings but was just too miserable. Instead I was able to do some hand work and finished clamshell diamond #11 which is in the middle of the photo. In the lower right corner, is #12 waiting to be glued together. I'm not sure about some of the fabric placements so that may change.


Since I've used up most of my favorite colors of clamshells, its getting more difficult to get a good color layout so I've begun cutting out more of the brighter colored clamshells. I think my favorites are the clamshells made from Kaffe Fasset fabrics probably because the colors are so intense. A few years ago, I never would have believed I'd write that!

Be back soon!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Feel better soon!
I love the look of this clamshell. I too have begun to use more brights. Seems almost a natural progression.

FlourishingPalms said...

Well, those clamshell blocks are looking marvelous! You keep-on a chuggin' with them as you are able. Feel better real soon! Maybe sitting outdoors in the sunshine and heat will help.

Merilyn said...

The clamshells are looking just wonderful Mayleen!!! I love the colours!!!

liz said...

I like how your clamshell quilt is moving along. It is a big project, but well worth the effort.