Translate

Friday, May 14, 2021

Flower Blooms, real and applique

 Some housekeeping: You've probably heard by now that Feedburner is going away soon. Feedburner is the whatever you want to call it that sends my blog to you by email. If you want to keep reading this blog, my suggestion is to sign up using bloglovin'. On the sidebar of this blog, there's a way to subscribe by clicking on it and then entering your email address. 

And now back to my week ...

 


Flowers are a big part of my life! The colors of this year's blooms are so beautiful. I didn't know what to expect after our freezing weather this year but it seems to have made the colors more intense. This iris was one of many iris plants my mom asked me to dig from her flower bed and replant in mine when she went to the nursing home. Purple and especially lavender was her favorite color.

 


The peonies were hers too and this year they have outdone previous years' blooms.

 


This photo was taken yesterday. Today we're getting some much needed rain and the blooms are water logged and bent over even though I provided support around each plant.

 


One of our cats trying to send me a message that his food bowl is "empty".

 


And lastly, my applique project progress. My sprigs blocks for the quilt guild's Opportunity Quilt are all glue basted and the two lower blocks have been appliqued. I stitch on this project when the weather doesn't allow me to be outside digging up Bermuda grass. Its my summer exercise program!

Until next time, Mayleen

1 comment:

QuiltGranma said...

Love it when family shares their blooms!