Translate

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The challenge quilt

My entry into the Free Spirit "I am an Artisan" Challenge. What you can't see is the hand embroidery, hand quilting and embellishment on the quilt. The challenge was to create a 60x60" quilt using at least 80% of Kaffe Fassett's Artisan line of fabrics. I'll know if my quilt is juried into the exhibit by the end of June.
 
Since I've been spending most of my time working on this quilt, I've been neglecting the flower beds and housework. Can you guess what I'll be doing with my extra time now?
 
Until next time, Mayleen

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is very nice, good design. I hope you are chosen.

Sandy said...

Simply stunning. I'd love to see some close-ups of the details you mention. Good luck in the challenge!

Tina said...

Oh Mayleen! This is just so beautiful! I love not only the pattern of your design, but the colors are so lovely. Wonderful job!!!

Karen said...

Keeping my fingers crossed!! It looks pretty from here.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very very nice -- wishing you the best as the jury considers the entries. I would certainly vote for your's if I could.

audrey said...

What a great challenge! This looks amazing!

Jan said...

what a beautiful quilt!

Carli The Quilter said...

love this bright beauty. i found your blig from Pinterest. Saw your beautiful image of your family crazy quilt. I'd love to follow your blog?