Translate

Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday already?

I feel like spring is rushing by, so much to do. I have accomplished some stitching this week which surprises me because my schedule is full!

My April UFO finish is ...
Pumpkin Peel from the book Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts 
written by Mary Elizabeth Kinch and Biz Storms. I used blue bias binding which I don't think you can see very well in the photo.

 Here are some photos of the machine quilting done by Jan Hutchison.




This is a large wall quilt, nearly 80" square. For now, I plan to store it on a spare bed because I'm already seeing fold lines just from having it folded since getting it back from the machine quilter.

After seeing another blogger's progress, (Quilts...etc.), on her Love Entwined quilt, I was inspired to get mine out and start appliqueing the stems for Part 6.


I had previously taken off the heart wreath on the left in the photo to try to make the points sharper. Not sure I'm making a major improvement but it looks better to me.

 Serengeti Oaks is at the machine quilter and I should be able to share it with you next month.

I also continue to big stitch quilt on my Jubilee+5 quilt. I can only manage to stitch a few blocks before my fingers are too sore to continue so its going slower than I'd like. You'll notice the bird is still there. Embroidery starting soon!

Until next time, Mayleen

11 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Pumpkin Peel looks so much better now that is is finished! Just gorgeous!

Every Stitch said...

A beautiful finish to your pumpkin peel - I do love the rich red background you selected! Good luck with the big stitch quilting - not good when it is sore :(

kdduncan said...

The Pumpkin Peel is gorgeous. Love the red background. However, seeing that the bird is still there makes me smile the most.

Karen said...

What a fun post. The pumpkin peel is wonderful!!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Congratulations on finishing the Pumpkin Peel, it is stunning with the perfect piecing and gorgeous quilting on the red background. Your LE is looking beautiful...sigh... that quilt might just entwine me one day. So happy to see the bird has survived!

Karen H said...

Your Pumpkin Peel is gorgeous. Love the hand quilting!

Gayle said...

Your pumpkin peel quilt is a work of art - the quilting compliments the design perfectly - so happy to see this one all finished! You've got so many projects in the works - lucky girl!

Tina said...

Beautiful Pumpkin Peel quilt! I love the colors you chose and the quilting is perfect for it!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

My you have been busy. I love the pumpkin peel. I loved the one in the book too, but the red really makes it pop! I hate fold lines too. I store most of my quilts on a bed in my sewing "annex" and if it is too big for the twin bed I put them in acid free boxes under the bed. I never fold them. I just loosely scrunch them into the boxes and take them out every so often and scrunch them in a different position. No fold lines ever.

Barb said...

Fabulous Finish - i just love this quilt and quilting is over the top.
your Jubilee +5 is a great idea!! wonderful post

elle said...

Great Pumpkin Peel and such lovely projects to work on. Good for you!