Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Not scrappy but its pink!

 

This is fabric for my granddaughter's baby quilt which is my next project. Since I don't know what pattern I'll be using, I probably bought enough fabric for two baby quilts. More scrappy pink projects coming up.

 I've already learned that the pink Fairy Frost fabric loses its glitter in the dryer. Fun cleaning up (sarcasm) and now I'm finding little pieces of glitter on my clothes, ugh. Not sure that I'll be including that fabric in the quilt.

Unless I change my mind, the princess and castle fabrics will be blocks in the center and the rest of the fabric will be borders. I never thought I would make anything princess themed and am having a difficult time thinking of a pattern.

 


These photos, above and below, are my finished pink charity quilts for the RSC21 challenge.

 


 


Another project I finished this week was stitching on my grandson's "I Spy" quilt binding. In the store, I thought the blue fabric went OK with the border but now, not so much. It looks better than in the photo. I'm doing a fair job of machine stitching both sides of the binding to the quilt. Still needing some improvement but I'm doing this to save my hands. My hand, wrist, and shoulder can't take doing a lot of handwork anymore.

 


I'm doing fairly well at going through my quilting books! My goal is to empty that lower shelf. I think what's left are all Quiltmania magazines to go through. The middle shelf looks fairly empty but I have a few books which may go back in there. I spend an hour or two every day looking through books trying to decide if I really need to keep them. Some of them I'm keeping for inspiration and others I'm keeping because I "may" still make a project in them.

 


Yesterday, I pulled out my box of UFO's and found this T-shirt quilt top which I'd made for my husband years ago. I made this without his knowledge (not recommended for marital harmony) using the T-shirts he'd received for free at work. I figured he wasn't wearing them so ...! Anyway, the top was finished and even the backing was there. It (blue fabric in background) just needed to pieced. When I did that, it turned out to be about 3" too short so I'm going to piece a strip of green into the blue backing. Then off to the machine quilter it will go because I want this project finished and out of the UFO box.

Until next time, Mayleen

1 comment:

QuiltGranma said...

for your little princess, how about Sister's Choice block?