Translate

Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Prize - Yards of it!

Just a few days before the Houston International Quilt Festival, I learned that my quilt, Paint Can Posy, had won the Honorable Mention prize in the Free Spirit "I am an Artisan" Challenge.
Here I am with my quilt hanging at the show and below are two photos of some of the embroidery and embellishment on the quilt. It was machine quilted by Jan Hutchison and I pieced, hand appliqued, hand embroidered, and embellished it.
 My prize just arrived - more of the Artisan fabric line in the yellow and blue colorways! I thought I knew what I was going to make with it but now seeing it all in the box, I'm not sure. One thing I do know, I'm going to have to learn to like yellow!
What would you make?

Until next time, Mayleen

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your quilt and it certainly deserves an honor!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Congratulations! A wonderful quilt, loved looking at the close ups of all your embroidery.

Sandy said...

Wow, Mayeen, what a fantastic quilt! Congratulations!
Have fun with your new fabric. :-)