Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Toot, toot

Slow applique, very slow applique. This past week, I finished appliqueing the zigzags on both top and bottom borders. Then I started on the little pot of flowers on the upper border. It was fun to see how narrow I could make the stems.

Those little yellow flowers just about did me in - 55 little petals. The lower yellow flowers have been appliqued down (except for half of the centers) but all the other flowers and leaves are only glue basted. I see now why most other LE makers decided to do Broderie Perse!

Here's a shot of progress so far.

 Friends have told me I need to toot my own horn a little more so here it is: Toot, toot!

My quilt, "Selvage Star of Bethlehem", will be hanging in the "In the American Tradition" exhibit at Houston next week! It will also travel to other Quilt Festival shows this year.

I plan to be at IQF in Houston next week so if you're there and you see a gray haired, 55+ year old quilter wearing jeans and a T-shirt, be sure to say hello! Ha.

Until next time, Mayleen

12 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I just love those zig zag borders such a beautiful quilt

audrey said...

Those flowers are amazing! The whole quilt is such a work of art. Good for you to toot your own horn. You should be proud of your fabulous quilts!

Jan Hutchison said...

You forgot to say that you will be wearing a PINK T shirt and PINK shoes.

Mayleen said...

I'm branching out a little, I also might be wearing purple.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Toot indeed! You are really making great progress. Lovely work!

Gretchen Weaver said...

LE is a beautiful quilt. It is so interesting how each quilt looks different. Love your selvage star quilt. What a wonderful use of selvages! Enjoy the show. Gretchen

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love your Love Entwined - I'm still trying to decide if I want to finish mine - I started working on it several years ago and then just kept putting it aside - nice to be inspired by yours.

Karen said...

Your applique quilt is just beautiful. I am watching your progress on it.

Esther Aliu said...

Absolutely beautiful, a real treasure in the making :)

Karen H said...

Your LE is looking wonderful. I've got my started but have set it aside. I'm thinking that doing broderie perse might be the way to go for me rather than needle turn.

Congrats on your quilt going on tour. It is stunning and deserves to be seen and admired!

Quiltpiecer said...

Stunning! So much talent! Came by way of Esther's Quilt blog and am new to your blog. Will be sure to return!

Selvage Quilter said...

I love your selvage star quilt!!! Stunning.