Its been about three weeks since I last checked in, a frustrating three weeks. Phebe is not making it easy and she and I seem to be locked in a fight to the end.
Here's my progress:
- The embroidery is finished, I think.
- The outer red dog tooth border has been sewn on.
- Hoping to be more accurate, I've taken the Ohio Star blocks' sashing and cornerstones off and resewn back on, sewn everything together in rows and then to the medallion. Unfortunately, a lot of volcanoes (blocks cupping due to inaccurate piecing) so the top will need a really good steam press for it to lay flat.
- Today, I stitched on the first brown geometric print border but still need to miter the corners. All the corners have a nice miter except the one I always think is the most important - the lower right hand corner. It will take some fiddling to get it to look mitered.
- The next border is a small scrappy dog tooth (one inch high, one inch across the base) and I've pinned part of a strip to the left side just to get an idea what it will look like. I have several of these strips paper pieced so now its a matter of finishing them to the correct length, adding the corner piece and stitching them to the top. Sounds suspiciously easy to me!
Until next time, Mayleen