Translate

Friday, February 12, 2021

A little sunshine!

I didn't think I had enough yellow fabric, the RSC21 color of month, to make much of anything but look what happened! This is a twin size donation quilt top for my quilt guild. I have just a few scraps of yellow fabric left in the tub. Its been a cheery quilt top to work on during the frigid temperatures here in the midwest. My only "wish I would have done that better" is the border. Could have matched the flowers but would have wasted a lot of fabric so it is what it is.


One day this last week, I allowed myself to start something new thinking it would cheer me up. Well, that didn't work out so well. I have a few more blocks to add and once sewn together, it will be a donation lap quilt top.


I took this photo of the view from our deck last Saturday and since then we've gotten a little snow every day. Its the very cold temperatures and wind chills we're not used to. This weekend's forecast will be especially cold and snowy. Stay warm and safe and if you have outside pets, please bring them in.

Until next time, Mayleen

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Both quilts will BIG SMILES on whom ever receives them. Don’t be so hard on yourself. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

An entire quilt top from the YELLOW scrap bine? Go, you!!

scraphappy said...

The yellow quilt is beautiful! Nobody will ever mind mismatched flowers. They will just enjoy the happy sunshine and warmth the quilt brings. It looks cold! Glad you are able to view the snow from inside.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Hang in there, Mayleen! The snow and cold are bad here too (Wisconsin) so I know what you mean. I love the yellow quilt, and the border is so happy and cheerful, just what we need right now.

Kathy S. said...

We are expecting 6" to 8" more snow today and tomorrow here in Ohio. Hope you find a little quilt block to bring happiness to your day. Your little yellow donation quilt turned out super quilt. It is SURE to brighten someone's day. :)

Joan H. said...

Love the yellow quilt. My favorite color. And the border fabric is perfect. What size are the 9-patches?