Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Unfinished, Almost Finished, & Finished!

 


I just couldn't gift the soon to be here granddaughter the previous pink princess quilt for several reasons - too thin, too small (in my opinion), and something was just not making me happy. I started over from the leftover scraps and a few extra pieces of fabric. Working with scraps limits you and frees you at the same time! This heart is what I came up with. I still need to bind the quilt but I don't have enough pastel pink fabric so it will mean a trip to the quilt store.

The colors are much better in real life. One of the fabrics I used is Fairy Frost which is glittery. Hope my daughter is still speaking to me when she notices some of the glitter comes off. I certainly am finding it in the house from prewashing and stitching. The quilt is still not what I would have liked but it is princess and ties in with the granddaughter's birth month of February. The backing is pink minky which makes this quilt very cuddly and warm.

My husband's T-shirt quilt is bound, labeled, and even has a sleeve sewn on! It will be hung in his office as soon as we get a curtain rod for it. I can't decide if I want to get out in the rainy weather (Saturday in Kansas) to go to Walmart.

For some reason, I'm at a stand still on the "Antique Rug" (Aardvark pattern). I only need two more blocks to make it a throw size. How hard can it be to finish two of these blocks?!?

 


I finished going through my quilt books! I still have to decide what to do with them and also what to do about the Quiltmania magazines on the lower shelf before I display some of my quilts in the cabinet. I plan to line the lower shelf walls with muslin to protect my quilts from the wood.

I didn't make the vintage quilt hanging behind the cabinet. It was purchased at a local antique mall and needs to be repaired. Star quilts are some of my favorite!

February's RSC21 color is "bright shiny yellow". Yellow is not a color I use often. In fact, I store the yellow, gold, orange, and rust color fabrics all in one container and its not a big container! I'm definitely going to have to put some thought into what I could possibly make with "bright shiny yellow". 

Until next time, Mayleen

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That IBM shirt was in the last T-Quilt that I finished. Fun to see it in someone else's quilt. The baby quilt is SEW sweet! Looking forward to seeing what you will do with February's yellow for the RSC.

Karen's Korner said...

The perfect pink quilt for the soon new to be princess in your life. I am also with you on yellow....mine will be a small project for next month.

audrey said...

The heart quilt is very sweet. I have such a hard time with fabrics such as princess etc., this is definitely more interesting in terms of the 'making'! I'm sure you'll be glad when the glitter is totally gone too! Lots of good progress on your projects. I think we stall sometimes because we already think we know what the end result will look like so it just doesn't feel as interesting to us anymore!

QuiltGranma said...

Love the Pink heart, the Rugs, and all that lovely yellow full of happiness!

Susie H said...

You finished pink with a flourish! I'm sure the princess will love her quilt and your husband's quilt will look fabulous in his office. I hope you've finished off those last 2 Antique Rug blocks. That looks like a neat pattern and I love the colors!