Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2021

A little of this, a little of that

 


I struggle to make blue quilts so this months RSC of light and/or bright blue was a challenge. Because I don't use blue often, my tub of blue scrap fabric is full so you'd think I could find fabric that would inspire me. That didn't happen. I finally ended up with this baby quilt top which will be donated. I'm ready to move on to another project.

 


I started my version of the "Mrs. Billings" quilt years ago and it became a UFO at this stage. It seems overwhelming now but my thought is to work on it a week each month or perhaps just add another border each month. Whatever I choose, I need to make progress! Before I begin on it, I need to finish the Kaffe polka dot quilt.

 


The top was "finished" but I decided to add 3 more blocks to make it a rectangle instead of a square quilt. That's been done and it measures approximately 60x80. I've begun to machine quilt it.

 


I work on it a few hours here and there. Unfortunately, hauling the sandwich around and through my machine is causing my shoulder bursitis to flare up. In other words, it may take me longer than I thought to finish and move on to the next project. Every quilting step is a season and I've decided not to push myself but try to enjoy what I can do!

Until next time, Mayleen

3 comments:

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE IT!

audrey said...

Your Kaffe Polka dot quilt is one of my faves. It will be totally worth taking the extra time just so you don't have bad memories of working on it!:) I almost started making a Billings quilt many years ago, but thankfully stopped myself before I got too invested. They are so gorgeous, but I just don't think I would have been able to keep up the necessary motivation. Good for you for even starting and getting this far!

Chookyblue...... said...

Your quilts are all lovely..... Goodluck with the quilting and your shoulder....
I do love Mrs billings..... One day I may make her.....