Translate

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Spring is so close!

 Spring is so close!


 Some of my daffodils made it through the stormy weather and hail we had yesterday. More of that weather coming so I took a photo to enjoy.

 


Most of the daffodils look like this, not quite ready but so close to blooming!

 

Here are my green donation quilt blocks so far. Only 20 more to piece before deciding on a layout and stitching the blocks together. I just haven't got any motivation to work on it today.


 Call me crazy but I saved the waste triangles I trimmed off and I'm thinking of piecing some them. Since I didn't measure a true 1/4" when trimming and instead just whacked them off with a pair of scissors, I doubt that many of the triangles will be the same size but this could be fun! I guess it would only be fun for someone not concerned with points and matching seams, lol.


This project is what's keeping me from finishing the green donation quilt. It really is better for me to work on only one project at a time. I'm ready to fuse the tulips on the background. The pattern, Keukenhof, is from a 2017 Quiltmania magazine. I still hope to have it finished soon so it can hang in our living room this spring!

Until next time, Mayleen

3 comments:

Juliana said...

It's so exciting to see your daffodils ready to bloom. I love your new tulip quilt. You are going to have years and years of enjoyment from these tulips!

Sandy said...

I love the tulip quilt, Mayleen. Perfect for Spring!

QuiltGranma said...

Love the tulip quilt progress!