Translate

Friday, December 18, 2020

Grandmama Llama

 It's finished and delivered!

 


I made and gifted this throw quilt to my sister as a surprise present. The purple minky on the back is so soft. The pattern is Lloyd & Lola by Elizabeth Hartman with one major change. The pattern makes two large llamas but I made the llama on the left 3/4 size to celebrate my sister's first grandchild who will be arriving in a few months.

My sewing machine is now at the sewing machine shop in line for a cleaning and check up. I'm kind of lost without a quilting project right now but I remembered an embroidery project which needs to be finished. I guess there's always housework which could be done too. Note the lack of enthusiasm.

 


The one traditional Christmas cookie I've been trying to master is my grandmother's Cream Cookie recipe. She did not cook or bake with measuring cups or spoons. We do have a base recipe to use but ingredient measurements are still a guess. After several tries this month, I think I've almost got it! They are a light, soft cookie with a delicate flavor. Tomorrow, I'll bake a batch for Christmas when our family is, hopefully, here. Unless someone gets sick or is exposed to Covid in the next few days, we are going to try to get together.

 


My Amaryllis shot up another stalk with four more beautiful blooms! Our cat, who is definitely not supposed to be on the table, loves the Amaryllis and has been scolded a few times already. Actually, what he is most interested in is the tie holding the stalk to the support and maybe even more importantly, he likes to sleep on the quilt!

Merry Christmas and my wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!

Mayleen

2 comments:

Sandy said...

What a cute quilt, and it looks so soft!
Kitty looks like she’s not interested in moving off that gorgeous star quilt anytime soon ~

QuiltGranma said...

What, no secondary machine for the main one goes FFTTZZZZ!? Love both quilts, and the kitty too! Chin rubs from me!