Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Gone to Houston!

 My Selvage Siblings quilt will be in Houston for the International Quilt Festival! I challenged myself to use only Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics and selvages in this quilt and want to thank everyone from Prairie Quilt Guild in Wichita who donated KFC selvages. This past June, Selvage Siblings won a blue ribbon in its class at our local guild quilt show, Common Threads Regional Quilt Show.

The Sunflower Sue and Overall Bill figures are a Marti Michell pattern but the layout is my original design. I added hand embroidery in the background to add texture and interest. The quilt is machine stitched in a ditch and quilted on the selvage border and is also hand big stitch quilted. 

I'd never made a Sunflower Sue quilt but this was a lot of fun! Well, maybe binding that serpentine shaped border wasn't so much fun but I sure like it.

Until next week, Mayleen

7 comments:

Jan Hutchison said...

Love this quilt! I’m glad you finished it in time to enter it in the judged show in Houston. Congratulations on having it accepted into the show.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a unique quilt! You are inspiring me to get out my selvages and do something with them. Congratulations on getting it into the Houston show.

Unknown said...

FABulous quilt!

Unknown said...

FABulous quilt!

Karen said...

Your selvedge edge border is very creative. Good idea.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Congratulations! Someday I will get to Houston, wish I could be there this year to see this gem!

Marjan said...

So cute, Mayleen, your Selvage Siblings quilt! So beautiful! I love it.